I Feel through My Senses
This was meant to be an email masked with the subject "Travel Log One" to the one I am interested in.
He has made contact with me so there is a chance I will be less bitchy in the next log but for now --I am going back to gorging on Milka and so-far-from-kosher Bologna.
He has made contact with me so there is a chance I will be less bitchy in the next log but for now --I am going back to gorging on Milka and so-far-from-kosher Bologna.
Enjoy.
"The flight was horrendous in every sense but the people around me. We were originally delayed half an hour so my grandparents and I proceeded to rot away in the airport lounge. My grandfather had three suppers while I successfully accomplished a sun salutation for the sun rising and setting. It wasn't until 8:40 did the flight arrive "on time" and our lounge was sprung into catching our flight.
We were ushered by thick black women to a security check point where black men screamed what article of clothing we should take off before boarding our double decker plane. Fancy shit.
We were ushered by thick black women to a security check point where black men screamed what article of clothing we should take off before boarding our double decker plane. Fancy shit.
I was placed behind a Rabbi and next to a woman from Orlando who showed me every photo in her library including her husband back in high school, her front porch "back home", her boys, their boys, the "I'm not a gator but my friends are" crocodile edit, a light up tree filled with 300 people, and finally an animation of her dog asking to go to her friends. Fabulous woman until she asked me mid slumber if I wanted to watch a movie over her shoulder.
She, as the flight was pushed back another hour since 40 passengers from Orlando were late and then another hour as there seemed to be something wrong with the plane. was a doll.
I would have slept but I was being mildly groped by her and the man to my left. That and my back kept having spasms so instead I watched Regular Show with a few too many judgmental eyes around.
I tried writing another bit of the story --the man and his cremation --but I kept thinking about us and that we could be this too so I was too exhausted to keep going.
Landing was a different story. No more big business ploys plastering the wall on how we will all be one but rather better banking. Still intimidating but much less so. Honestly, I haven't realized I am in Israel. It's odd. I see the hebrew alphabet which helps me understand I am in the Middle East but so far it means nothing. This was the first time I saw a poster with "FOREIGN PASSPORTS" and I was one of them. I was the foreigner.
I guess I was waiting for an overwhelming amount of prayer and far less Russians. Nope. There is an enclave of orthodox but past that --there is minimal interaction. I still have to visit the holy sites so this is subject to change.
I guess I was waiting for an overwhelming amount of prayer and far less Russians. Nope. There is an enclave of orthodox but past that --there is minimal interaction. I still have to visit the holy sites so this is subject to change.
Speaking of Russians, I am confronted by the resemblance to Soviet Russia. The same communal homes, small bathrooms, and windows next to the stove. Something about the clock ticking every hour but no clock to tell time and living in the bunker room has my panties in a knot. It's a little eerie and I will edit a photo to prove it.
I think I smoke because it's my culture --every russian has a cigarette in hand while telling their life stories. I am not smoking though as the air is filled with enough nicotine, instead I am petting a furless cat now known as my bitch. He is my friend and I have spent over an hour gawking at the bastard as he gawks at me. He almost puked on my cot but my big cat instincts stopped him. This, right here, is passion. You might have some competition.
I only realized I wasn't home from the sand bars to the side. I missed the red storms of sands blowing through the cities but they are to come again and I am siked.
Honestly, I thought I was in the love child of Mexico and Ukraine. People drive just as bad but in a way safer as they just honk... A lot.
This country isn't safe. There is no impending doom lurking and tickling my back, no, rather a omnipresent doom that drinks beer in the living room minding its own business. Kate versus Nate.
I live in the bunker room of the apartment with metal window panels and cellar door but I was presented with this by "So you will stay here and in case the sirens sounds, we will to. But not for long --just a life pause." And this is when I think I am going to die before 20.
The orthodox are revolting against their military requirement. Crimean is Russian despite 60% of the people voting --more troops are moving in. US failed to establish diplomatic relations with Syria and Leone (Cierra Leonne?) so the south of Israel is off limits.
Doom, doom, doom, doom... Doom, doom, doom, doom...
I don't love you more because we are thousands of miles away but rather because I watch what my grandparents have. They seem to understand each other and barely bicker. They snark at each other and pick at each other but my grandfather still puts his hand on my grandmother's lap and she still blankets his hand with hers. I want that. They are coming up their 65 year anniversary together. That's more than I think I will even live but they have tolerated one another for that much seamlessly and evoke jealously in others. I can only pray I can find their love --one that withstood two children, an immigration, and two grandchildren. They desire this.
I find our bickering comforting. We seem to reach a conclusion that grows our relationship. I don't know. I want to pretend that we can be them, that we will get married and have hot sex whenever we finish work, that we will have preferably one to two munchkins who will never be hurt by divorce as we have, but it's far to early to guess a future for either of us.
This is all being said assuming you aren't out with some Asian getting your dick wet.
If you are, please tell me.
General Travel Notes (As though I haven't worn you out enough)
I hate real hummus.
Anastasia's sells shoes for $30.
My hair is much heavier here --it weighs my head down and curls randomly.
I am almost out of Sudoku .
Potatoes are good for you so I will drink vodka till I die.
My Russian is developing more and more.
I have been confronting with my future --more like forced to discuss "what the hell [I'm] doing with [my] life"
I want a handheld shower.
A hairless cat is an Israeli cat.
Facebook suddenly cares about me.
There are no mirrors.
Their toothpaste tastes like pine trees.
I was thirsty coming out of the shower for more than just water.
The bruises you left on my body have now turned into yellow spots --I think you have catalyzed my transformation into a leopard.
I'm absolutely petrified you don't feel the same about me as I do for you.
I want you to...
I want to travel with you.
I will never send this email.
You are my sunshine.
I love you."
Comments
Post a Comment