Lily Stigma
Here is an excerpt from an up coming piece! You might see me in theaters..
Normally, I wouldn't mind the holidays. The christmas music playing through the rows of food but something about the snow covered car waiting for us and wet shoes was off-putting. It wasn't the cold because he would always give me his jacket. It wasn't the moister because it helped regulate my body temperature. It was about the honey.
Clover honey found in little bear bottles grown and packaged in Colorado priced at just over five dollars. Clover honey, the best for eating, was not on our grocery list.
"Grade A, grade A," he kept mumbling.
"Why do you need it?'
"It's a science experiment," he scanned the shelf, "don't tell" he looked up with a smirk.
"Is this it?" I pulled out a plastic teddy bear full of pure honey.
"Yeah," he laughed, "good job."
He patted her head but I continued, "but really..."
"Promise you won't tell," he waited "nahh, you won't. It's top secret. I want to start growing shrooms." and my stomach dropped while my mind sparked with the new information.
He told me and only me. I was entering this new sphere with him. He didn't give me time to react, instead he started walking towards the cashier's desk. Instinctually, I followed.And then, then the holiday music started again.
Ho Ho Hopefully by The Maines turned on. Something about the two drug dealers in the store walking with pride to the end of the isle. When the music called of being together and the two were simply sharing a dirty secret. They were not together but they pretended they were. Simple body language gave away their comfort. The very comfort I am envious for.
They split when they walked around James and I. I could tell they were dealers by the smoke that trailed them.
The Christmas music made me remember I was with James.
"Hun, are you okay?"
I stumbled a bit. I was fine, just day dreaming again.
Comments
Post a Comment