Los Dos Compadres: The New Short

In honor of endless hours of mind-numbing work, some time accompanied with uneventful hours of watching the clock and creating snowflakes out of dry cleaning tags, I have decided to write short specially designed for my blog. Welcome to the first.

Los Dos Compadres: Pilot
I wonder what's it's like to be ten feet tall to tower over the world.
I wonder what it would be like to be just a few inches mighty, crawling along the ground.
When I would go for a run, I would cross state lines with each step.
It would take hours if not days to snag a snack.
I would befriend the clouds, and swat birds.
I would ride birds from place to place.
When I was younger, I towered over daisies.
I started out just as small as the ones I watch now.
I would rip them out of the ground to tear each leaf off.
I would watch them swim along the current and follow.
Malevolent, maybe.
Aimlessly, mostly.
Honestly, I like making my own decisions.
Truly, I like blending in.
Mommy couldn't stop me, I was a big boy.
I was free from order, I was who I wanted to be.
But, there are rules we follow.
But there is order that controls us.
Someone told me that and I guess I followed him.
I tried avoiding it but I guess I tripped somewhere.
Who makes these rule any ways?
What runs this order anyways?
Is it those who befriend the clouds?
Is it that which runs the clock from place to place?
Or those who cross state lines?
Or that causes us to ride planes, not button small flies?
We know wrong from right and bad from good but do you know what's true?
We breath even when we hold our breath and our heart still beats when we hold still.
It never made sense to me.
I never comprended why.
I guess I never towered
I guess I never crawled
But when I do, over the daises, once in a Tuesday, it seems to make a bit more sense.
But when I descend to those who do, every blue moon, it seems to make a bit more sense.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Losing Dreamcatchers: 5 Steps to Keep Them Close

631|Get Rich Quick