365|RotationS|87
I thought I knew what I was doing.
No.
I really thought I had a plan.
But then,
things happen and people change.
So,
no,
I do not have a plan anymore.
I have a lot of explaining to do. I mainly have a lot of clarification and affirmation I need to justify to myself because who are we if not egotists?
I would like to start with something very simple though before I lose you in my rabbit hole. I deleted my social media because I needed to focus on myself more. Instead of keeping up with everyone else's focus, I applied myself more in school and work. So now I am so proud of where I have gotten. I am a teaching assistant for honors general chemistry with a group of brilliantly charming and bright students, who lighten my day every lab. I am a learning assistant for an organic chemistry class that I live tweet during so my students can get an #AwithAna. But, most importantly, I am an undergraduate research assistant for a Whitebark Pine lab with the efforts of conservation as our motives. I love science and I love being a woman of science because we are truly unique.
Now, let's complicate things a bit. I am pursuing a PhD hopefully in Boulder for Chemical and Biological Engineering in the hopes of developing an alternative fuel. My dream was to be working on a project focused on harnessing the potential of photosynthesis and creating a synthesized product to replace traditional fuel. Still, a dream and a goal. But, I will no longer be the developer, a college team in Florida beat me to it. Two decades and my plan has been altered. I am a little at loss at what to do.
This is where you all come in. I have about a year before I am done with school, May 2019 to be most accurate. I have a year to change my perspective. I have 365 rotations around our axis and one roation around the sun to have a new plan.
Until then, I am free. I realized my biggest issue with my growth was waiting and expecting something. But, what am I waiting for? I waited to lose the footing of one of my dreams --I can not do much else but study and push my schoolwork --I waited for someone else's fate to unravel before me.
Too much stress.
Instead, every day is a miracle and I would like to share my journey to reaching happiness -the ultimate destination. Mercury is one of the closest planet to the sun --the surface is rocky and charred. Nothing can see light without darkness. 87 reflections of things absolutely horrendous is my goal. My goal is to introdcue the skeletons in my closet to the motives of my goal.
Join me for 87 rotations of thought.
Comments
Post a Comment