Honey, what's for dinner?

Whenever I'm not writing or arguing with people I expect to see my vison, I love to cook. I can never cook for myself because I enjoy the process of cooking far too much to fest on my creations. If anything, being a housewife relaxes me. Cooking and cleaning seem to make my nerves settle.
If I ever wanted to destroy my haven of the kitchen, I could write a cookbook. My cooking is centered around healthy food because I am a half-ass vegan. I can't have glutton or dairy as my body thinks it's fun to attack this food. But, this isn't a bad thing. My mother and I have made vegan friendly mac and cheese! We became pros at cooking fried rice as well as making salads.
I've come to love fruits and vegetables to the point of where I can no longer eat sweets because they are just too sweet! My favorite ice cream topping is balsamic strawberries. It's the perfect bit of tart to vanilla ice cream.
Now, if I could have a poetry cookbook, I would definitely include a piece on my strawberries. It would go something along the lines of;
 dice the sweet cones
the little red noses of gnomes
let them sweat in the sauna of a saute pan
pour their juices
naughty or nice
and etc.
But whenever I am in no mood to cook or simply want to enjoy food, I go to the Mercury Cafe. It is located on California in Downtown Denver. They specialize in vegan options as the kids now a days would call it a hipster cafe. The beauty of this place is the fact that it is crazy artistic just within itself. Every Friday they have poetry reading and the last Tuesday of every month, they have story night (both of which I signed up for.) The perfect nook for a poetry cookbook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Losing Dreamcatchers: 5 Steps to Keep Them Close

631|Get Rich Quick