No ID Needed
As my book approaches the final steps of production, I'm left with social media work and final proofs. Finally, I'll have a book with my name on it available online and hopefully in local bookstores. Finally, all my work will pay off. I can say that I'm proud of my work once I see the book in my hands. I can now accept the champagne offered to cheer for my success.
Even though I am under age, my parents still offer me drinks here and there but if I can drink champagne before my 21st birthday as a cultural celebration, why must I change aspects of my novel? My novel is based around kids too young to do the things they do. I want to poke fun of our society and how out of control it really is. When I say realistic fiction, I really mean "over exaggerated autobiography".
Alice, from my book Alice in Reality, was originally 17. She snuck into clubs by using her body. No she didn't have sex with every man she saw; but, she did dress too revealing and her legs did seem to open a little too wide. She managed to flirt with security guards to get passed them. Why do I write this? Because I did the same things. I pulled a lot of things off. I sit here wishing I had more time in my life. I started a business and image that I have to uphold despite my age. I hear from my friends that their real life will start after college. Man, do I wish I did the same. Instead of summer, I have a two jobs.
This is why I'm pissed again. I got an email stating I need to change my content making Alice 18. No, not happening. The whole point is to add the shock factor. "Why is a young girl smoking? Why is a young girl doing so many drugs? The poor girl is only in high school." I want people to see this and understand how messed up our society has become.
I hear about girls far younger than me planning to lose their virginity because it's shameful to be a virgin. I hear about boys much younger snorting cocaine because they can. Why ruin your lives? Call me old fashion but I regret losing my virginity because I feel dirty and respect myself a little less. I regret trying the drugs I have because they really did ruin my education and relationships. I hope my book can make a statement. This is what your kids are doing, it's not a joke!
I am an honor student in multiple clubs but yes, I don't mind a midnight toke. I wish I was stopped though. It's not a fun life. I lost control and my novel was the key to pulling me out. I can't say that for the next ten year old snorting cocaine while fucking some girl. I don't pray to save people, not at all. Let them die. The whole point is to have someone really connect with it or simply enjoy it. I just don't want my allegory ruined by an age restriction I, as the author, don't even follow.
Even though I am under age, my parents still offer me drinks here and there but if I can drink champagne before my 21st birthday as a cultural celebration, why must I change aspects of my novel? My novel is based around kids too young to do the things they do. I want to poke fun of our society and how out of control it really is. When I say realistic fiction, I really mean "over exaggerated autobiography".
Alice, from my book Alice in Reality, was originally 17. She snuck into clubs by using her body. No she didn't have sex with every man she saw; but, she did dress too revealing and her legs did seem to open a little too wide. She managed to flirt with security guards to get passed them. Why do I write this? Because I did the same things. I pulled a lot of things off. I sit here wishing I had more time in my life. I started a business and image that I have to uphold despite my age. I hear from my friends that their real life will start after college. Man, do I wish I did the same. Instead of summer, I have a two jobs.
This is why I'm pissed again. I got an email stating I need to change my content making Alice 18. No, not happening. The whole point is to add the shock factor. "Why is a young girl smoking? Why is a young girl doing so many drugs? The poor girl is only in high school." I want people to see this and understand how messed up our society has become.
I hear about girls far younger than me planning to lose their virginity because it's shameful to be a virgin. I hear about boys much younger snorting cocaine because they can. Why ruin your lives? Call me old fashion but I regret losing my virginity because I feel dirty and respect myself a little less. I regret trying the drugs I have because they really did ruin my education and relationships. I hope my book can make a statement. This is what your kids are doing, it's not a joke!
I am an honor student in multiple clubs but yes, I don't mind a midnight toke. I wish I was stopped though. It's not a fun life. I lost control and my novel was the key to pulling me out. I can't say that for the next ten year old snorting cocaine while fucking some girl. I don't pray to save people, not at all. Let them die. The whole point is to have someone really connect with it or simply enjoy it. I just don't want my allegory ruined by an age restriction I, as the author, don't even follow.
Comments
Post a Comment