10 Days

In 10 days, Starbucks can put out three new drinks, one of which tastes like soap. Commercials keep popping up and I feel completely lost. I used to be the one trying the samples before the drink was official. After stumbling into my favorite Starbucks, open till 2 am and connected to a bookstore, I decided to try the new drink and was sadly disappointed. 20 ounces of peach and sugar and a hint of lavender soap. The barista was even confused when I picked it up.
In 10 days, a girl might be inclined to take a pregnancy test. Ten days late is a shocking number. With that answer, her whole world can change whether or not the result is positive. No longer is she in control; her life and the steps after are determined by a little line. I was a result of a failed abortion and infection. My name, in the Russian language, means resurrection. I never thought much of it until I defined it. I resurrected my mother, which is why I hold the name. I resurrected my father as he told me he stayed strong for me when he lost his job.
In 10 days, my book can go from an idea to a physical object. It's unreal. This is the physical manifestation of my thoughts in almost 300 pages. Suddenly, I went from hypotheticals to reality. Instead of a dreamer hoping something can come of my work, I became a salesman running around Downtown Denver handing out postcards and business cards getting my book out.
In 10 days a lot can change like the weather. Landing back in Denver, I not only got a new outlook on life and more raindrops, I lost a friend, gained the power of relaxation, received my book, and started creating a name for myself. With a Facebook page started and thirty cards given out, I can't wait to see where this all takes me.
In 10 days, I could have panicked and stopped all my work as I normally would but instead, I pushed through it. Sure it's overwhelming but it's worth it. I am meeting new people and I have a massive net of supporters like old friends who messaged me saying how proud they are. No matter how hard it gets, everyone has support and it can come from the most unexpected places. Never give up. We are humans and not ostriches; we don't bury our heads in the sand.
facebook.com/ColoradoMakery

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Losing Dreamcatchers: 5 Steps to Keep Them Close

631|Get Rich Quick