Coming Home
After two days of travel, I made it! Finally, I am in Ukraine, the first official stop on my trip. For some reason, getting here took longer than getting accustom to here.
We started in Denver and took a flight to Chicago. Our flight was ten minutes late thus, after running through the Chicago airport with a laptop hitting my ass, making us late for our connection to Austria. The Austrian Airlines refused to let us board despite the efforts. Now we stood stuck in Chicago. The lovely women at the counter left with some other gentlemen and my father and I, well, let's say I felt worse than the women who gets dumped.
We called for our luggage and assistance. Nor United, nor Austrian Airlines, nor our travel agent wanted to book us another flight. Luggage-less, alone we stood in the busy airport. My father worked his hardest but his broken English wasn't getting us any where. I, as we all know, have panic attacks. Airports are their breeding grounds. I panicked my way to Chicago and in Chicago, I broke down. It was to the point of hysteria. Uncontrollable, I cried and paced next to the office. But due to my very panic, my father and I got tickets on a United flight back to Lviv.
4 hours later, we hopped a flight to Newark. Fast boarding, simple flight, everything was looking up. We bought a room at a motel barely reaching $100. Luckily my clothes were packed in my carry-on but despite that, I felt so dirty in all the clothes I put on. The room was, to say the least, frightening. Jersey turned me off as I entered the twilight zone. An odd conversation with an old-vacation romance and an odd room left me more than excited to be going back through security. Panicking sounded more appealing than the room.
Our flight to Germany was in 7 hours. What do two Russians do? We walk from one terminal to the other eating along the way. In those 7 hours alone, we spent over $200 on food and gifts. Lovely airport with unbelievable class. My trip seemed to have turned around until our flight to Munich.
It started as a simple air conditioning problem. Boarding was ten minutes late by the time a test run was in place. Something gave me an itch that this was more than the A/C. Almost an hour later, it was announced a new plane was to be found. I still don't understand how that flight left because my father and I had other plans.
Our connecting flight was scheduled an hour after landing in Germany but with such a delay, our connection was already lost. When I say twilight zone in Jersey, this is what convinced me. After talking to three more travel representatives and after another panic attack, we had a new flight plane. The reason for confusion; only one flight a day leaves to Lviv. The airport was practically nonexistent. Austria was the top connector but it's connection with America is faint.
Off to gate 125 we ran. Jumping through crowds screaming, my father and I were determined to make this flight plan. Boarding was ending ten minutes after we received the tickets. Nonetheless, we made it. But once again. Once a-fucking-gain, there were maintenance issues and a 20 minute delay. Our connection, you guessed it, was an hour after.
As you see though. We made it by plane after plane after train after bus after private jet finally to Lviv.
We started in Denver and took a flight to Chicago. Our flight was ten minutes late thus, after running through the Chicago airport with a laptop hitting my ass, making us late for our connection to Austria. The Austrian Airlines refused to let us board despite the efforts. Now we stood stuck in Chicago. The lovely women at the counter left with some other gentlemen and my father and I, well, let's say I felt worse than the women who gets dumped.
We called for our luggage and assistance. Nor United, nor Austrian Airlines, nor our travel agent wanted to book us another flight. Luggage-less, alone we stood in the busy airport. My father worked his hardest but his broken English wasn't getting us any where. I, as we all know, have panic attacks. Airports are their breeding grounds. I panicked my way to Chicago and in Chicago, I broke down. It was to the point of hysteria. Uncontrollable, I cried and paced next to the office. But due to my very panic, my father and I got tickets on a United flight back to Lviv.
4 hours later, we hopped a flight to Newark. Fast boarding, simple flight, everything was looking up. We bought a room at a motel barely reaching $100. Luckily my clothes were packed in my carry-on but despite that, I felt so dirty in all the clothes I put on. The room was, to say the least, frightening. Jersey turned me off as I entered the twilight zone. An odd conversation with an old-vacation romance and an odd room left me more than excited to be going back through security. Panicking sounded more appealing than the room.
Our flight to Germany was in 7 hours. What do two Russians do? We walk from one terminal to the other eating along the way. In those 7 hours alone, we spent over $200 on food and gifts. Lovely airport with unbelievable class. My trip seemed to have turned around until our flight to Munich.
It started as a simple air conditioning problem. Boarding was ten minutes late by the time a test run was in place. Something gave me an itch that this was more than the A/C. Almost an hour later, it was announced a new plane was to be found. I still don't understand how that flight left because my father and I had other plans.
Our connecting flight was scheduled an hour after landing in Germany but with such a delay, our connection was already lost. When I say twilight zone in Jersey, this is what convinced me. After talking to three more travel representatives and after another panic attack, we had a new flight plane. The reason for confusion; only one flight a day leaves to Lviv. The airport was practically nonexistent. Austria was the top connector but it's connection with America is faint.
Off to gate 125 we ran. Jumping through crowds screaming, my father and I were determined to make this flight plan. Boarding was ending ten minutes after we received the tickets. Nonetheless, we made it. But once again. Once a-fucking-gain, there were maintenance issues and a 20 minute delay. Our connection, you guessed it, was an hour after.
As you see though. We made it by plane after plane after train after bus after private jet finally to Lviv.
Denver --> Chicago --> Newark --> Frankfurt, Germany --> Vienna, Austria --> Lviv, Ukraine
Comments
Post a Comment