128|When Virgo Met Ross
"You look good, you look like Carrie Bradshaw on that Sex in the City shit."
I remember being a kid and watching Sex in the City with my mom and not always understanding what was happening. I also remember my mom was very interested in zodiac signs; so, when we would watch Sex in the City and the girls would bring up the zodiac signs, I was all game.
Virgo is the zodiac sign that comes directly after mine, the lady. The Virgo can be critical and judgemental, even a perfectionist. The Virgo is also always willing to help others and get the job done. So, like most zodiac signs, this sign is perfect with minor flaws. There are a few more interesting things that I would like to point out. The Virgo has Mercury as its ruling planet. This means that, because of the rapid gravitational changes of this planet, people born with Mercurcy as their governing planet are able to adapt to situations or take control of chaos. The Virgo also has the second largest constellation. And, within this constellation, I would like to introduce you to Ross 128.
When I was writing this post, I had Ross and Phoebe in mind from Friends. Phoebe, ditsy and free, was the only person who could understand what was going on in her head. I would lie to you and say she was a Virgo too but, the point is that, for this post, she reminds me of an architype of a mother or fertility. Ross was always rational and a little one sided. Like every human though, he is prowned to mistakes. He reminds me of a child and I pull one scene in particular of when Ross was near tears in Phoebe's chest as she was comforting him.
Before I lose you, let's reflect. I talk a lot about life and the importance of our existences versus the existence of others. But, no one has really stopped to threaten my theories when dealing with extraterrestrial life. Whoa --aliens. In the constellation Virgo, a red dwarf star exists called Ross 128. Red Dwarfs are smaller and colder stars. They are not nearly as bright as our sun because the frequency of hydrogen fusions is occuring at a slower rate --since chemically speaking, there is less mass and space for the reactions to happen. Furthermore, a majority of our stars are Red Dwarfs. Now, these stars are not always a good place to look for life. They often times emit radiation and UV rays in spurts or, orbiting planets can become rather tidal-depenedent and not spin evenly like our earth does. The planet is watching the sun as TV.
A not so recent but very thrilling discovery is that a planet, Ross 128 b, might harbor life. This planet is within the habital range of Ross 128, the Red Dwarf sun, and the temperatures are decent for liquid water. Furthermore, Ross 128 is not an active red dwarf meaning, it does not emit a lot of radiation like others do --no intense solar storms. Ross 128 b, from what has been observed, is not tidally locked. There is hope. Despite bing 11 light years away, there is hope for an new planet with a new form of life that might be intellegent enough to communicate with us.
So, in the constellation of controlled chaos, small particles of matter bound by nothing more than gravity and a slow rate of exasperation provide both enough light and enough heat for something as outlandish as intellegent life to exist. Chaos. Split changes.
Now comes the question, are we really that special? If there is more of us, with more chances to destroy the special formations we are blessed to live on, who is god and what is his value? I never believed in a holy creator, I never believed in anything more than shared energies. Have we grown so large as the human race that we can spend our energies elsewhere? Or have we alsways existed on Ross 128 b and only now is technology reach a point to see that infinity and continuity are just a matter of perception?
Comments
Post a Comment