Los Dos Compadres: The Storm
When the world seemed to riot in silent unison
and the skies parted ways
I believed something would change
and the skies parted ways
I believed something would change
When our ground began to crumble underneath our seats
and the inferno peaked
I believed something would change
Nothing did
Nothing ever does
Finally, I thought
a system would be in place where the rules are made by the ruled
and we could represent our ideas
Finally, I thought
those mindless waves of miniatures would have a path set
and we would no longer have to watch
Maybe, just maybe
those above us smiled for a split second
and pandora finally released hope
Maybe, just maybe
our chains cracked from the rumbling
and the clouds finally released their moisture
But somehow, I think someone heard me
and something did change
And then, raging tears flooded,
suffocated our throats
and wailed while we withered
And then, explosive plumes puffed,
drowned our lungs
and smoked our remaining ashes
It started with a push,
a paddle through the current.
Someone shot roots under the ruins.
It sharted with a shove,
a burst of fresh air through the smog.
Someone opened the door in a four wall room.
No one said it would be easy.
But, being easy isn't always right.
Heaven descended that day.
But the angels did not bless us,
we showed them what was blessed.
Hell rose that day.
But the demons did not burn us,
we showed them what was ravaged.
My wounds have not healed
but, I have not bandaged them.
A storm is coming
--a storm that will change the world.
A storm is coming
--a storm that will change the world.
The footsteps of my gods
are not those of my own feet
but of the path I must pave.
The footsteps of my people
are not those of my diction
but that of a lesson in patience.
My mistakes are no more of my present
as are the blunders of my past.
All we hold is the future,
all we can do is weather the storm.

Comments
Post a Comment